Inner-City Ministry Coordinator Position
Seeking an individual interested in a leadership position for The Welcome Home – A Mission of St. Alphonsus an inner city ministry in Winnipeg, Manitoba. Founded by the Ukrainian Redemptorists over 20 years ago, the Welcome Home is a faith based community that responds to the material, emotional and spiritual needs of people on the periphery.
The Welcome Home Coordinator is a full-time position that is responsible for ensuring all aspects of the ministry are in place including building relationships with those in need, volunteer co-ordination, programming, communications and promotions. The Welcome Home serves the neighborhood with the help of a live-in community, the Coordinator works with and participates in the life of the live-in community especially through community prayer and planning the work of the ministry.
- A desire to work in an inclusive environment with those who can be overlooked in society, the poor and most abandoned
- Committed practicing Catholic
- Leadership skills that demonstrate your ability to build relationship and motivate others
- Experience in planning, coordinating and implementing programs for various age groups
Previous experience, and understanding, in the following areas is fundamental:
- Managing complex and sometimes challenging situations in relation to people
- A non-judgemental approach to working with people
- Self motivation and being able to work independently
The Welcome Home Coordinator Position includes the following tasks and activities:
- Daily Communications – emails, phone calls with volunteers and community/parishioners as needed
- Weekly community meetings, scheduling, staff and volunteer management
- Monthly Calendar for programs and staff
- Promotions/ fundraising – Yearly newsletter and Annual fundraising appeal
- Correspondence with donors and community groups
- Maintenance and upkeep of the website and Facebook group and page
- Local Community (Winnipeg) Promotion and Connections to greater Ukrainian Catholic Community – events/service fairs/presentations
- Periodic updates and reports for the Provincial Council
- Recruitment of young adults for the live-in community and volunteers for programs
- Ordering and maintaining bus token program
- Immigration and visa paperwork for staff
- Creating a yearly budget and yearly financial report
- Grant applications and grant management and reporting
- Co-ordination of regular programming including Family Night, Children’s Programs, Adult Recreation, Youth Group, Food Bank and Sunday Divine Liturgy.
- Volunteer support, co-ordination and training
- Supporting and maintaining relationships with community (parishioners) by making time to connect and establish relationships by attending programs but also being able to have time to be present to people when needed.
- Training/orienting /young adult live-in community members (staff)
- Oversight for safe environment practices for all staff & volunteers / record checks
- Team ministry is especially valued, particularly in collaboration with The Welcome Home Chaplain, the RYM coordinator and the Provincial Superior.
- Review and evaluation of mission and ministry with staff & volunteers
- Collecting and organizing food for food bank cupboard. Packing, distributing and managing food hampers as needed for neighbours including deliveries.
- Driving and assisting neighbours with transportation as needed both for programs and for personal needs.
- Organize and run special events throughout the year.
- Organizing and distributing holiday hampers.
Salary and benefits to commensurate with experience and education.
Please send your Resume and cover letter to Fr. Larry Kondra, C.Ss.R. at firstname.lastname@example.org by July 14, 2017
This job description indicates the general nature and level of work expected of the incumbent. It is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities required of the incumbent. Incumbent may be asked to perform other duties as required.